NHED is working with Awato and local employers to connect secondary students with local, subsidized paid internships.
How it works
- An eligible student connects with The Acme Company, a qualified employer, on the Awato platform.
- The student applies for the approved employment opportunity and is hired at a wage of $15/hr, paid by The Acme Company.
- The Acme Company is reimbursed up to $7.50/hr, up to 480 hours, through a wage match by the NH Department of Education.
Awato makes the process easy for Educators
- Assist with the completion of WBL permission, health, and auto insurance forms.
- Process and complete employer reimbursement forms.
- Recruit employers that offer WBL opportunities.
- Develop and manage a database of employers for students to connect with WBL opportunities.
What we ask from you
- Coordinate with Colton Briggs at Awato to encourage Employers to register on the platform.
- Email Colton at Awato when a student fills a vacant work-based learning opportunity to ensure reimbursement forms will be completed.
Email Colton at email@example.com
Benefits for Educators
- Employers will be incentivized to offer new WBL opportunities through our “Work! As Learning!” wage match program.
- Employers can receive reimbursement for existing WBL opportunities upon submitting their opportunity to the Awato platform.
- Awato pre-screens employers and establishes WBL opportunities for your students in which to engage.
- Quick and easy access to a database of employers and opportunities on the “Find Opportunities” page (No assessments or interests inventories required!) that will allow for direct access to employers.
- Notification system that allows you to track student engagement and interest in opportunities.
- Bi-weekly update of new opportunities uploaded to the system.
- Separate from the “Learn Everywhere” program, allowing for a greater access to a network of community partners, employers, and opportunities.